Thursday, March 23, 2017

Three tiered dollar tree vanity tray

Today Ive got a little craft project to share with ya! Ive been in desperate need to find some way to store my makeup. You know something pretty and girly! Not ugly baskets and mismatched containers. Which is right now my current storage situation. So i saw one of these vanity trays on pinterest awhile back and had to give it a try. With my spin on it of course! What a great idea instead of just having stuff laying everywhere it can be housed on a tray. Unorganized organization! The one I saw on pinterest was made out of mirrors with beveled edges with jewels and beads hanging down. I could not find any beveled mirrors so I decided to just paint the wooden mirrored frames that i got at the dollar tree a metallic silver. I love Rustoleums mirror metallics. I use this particular silver color on alot of my craft projects. I first painted my candlestick holders which will be stand for the tray. My original idea was just to use the glass out of the frames but the edges were too sharp. I removed the cardboard backing and used my hot glue gun to glue the mirror to the frame.......set aside let dry while working on the other two. I let mine dry and cure atleast 24 to 48 hours. Then I lined the candlesticks up to the middle of my frame and glued them into place. I then glued the top frame to the candlestick and whaaala done. This would have looked good with some really intricate nice wooden frames, breakfast tray or even the silver dollar tree trays. You could use one frame and attach some wooden feet and have a one level really cute perfume tray! Well enough rambling. Heres my pics.



 All the supplies you will need can be purchased for a dollar each from your local dollar tree store (except the metallic finish spray paint )

No comments:

Post a Comment